Today we worked on Part 4 of the Use of English- Key word sentence transformation. We quickly revised the technique of removing already repeated information and linking the key word to the remaining information. Then students played Part 4 Reversi. They transformed 9 sets of sentences, relying on memory and knowledge of grammatical structures relevant to this part of the exam.
Homework: Please complete test 6 part 4. We will check these answers in class on Wednesday.
Today we are finding out about the man dubbed ‘the loneliest man in the universe’ and the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. Students will watch a video and discuss the life of the loneliest man. We will then discuss fame and its dis/advantages.
You class has watched a documentary about the advantages and disadvantages of space exploration. You have made the notes below about space exploration:
- It is a waste of money that could be spent on helping society
- We may discover raw materials.
- Habitable planets would provide new living space for a growing global population.
Some opinions expressed in the documentary:
- “There are many unemployed people that could benefit from financial help from the government.”
- “We should stop exploiting natural resources on earth and mine other planets.”
- “The world’s growing population and cities put a strain on the environment.”
Write an essay discussing TWO of the points given for space exploration in your notes. You should explain which reason is most important, giving reasons in support of your answer.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed in the documentary, but you should use your own words as far as possible. (around 220-260 words)