Today we are finding out about the man dubbed ‘the loneliest man in the universe’ and the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. Students will watch a video and discuss the life of the loneliest man. We will then discuss fame and its dis/advantages.
Today we are looking at some advanced grammar surrounding preferences, wishes and regrets, which will be useful for part 4 of the use of english exam, and the speaking exam. We will also revise past modals of deduction.
We will work through the Prezi below and then watch a video, before making predictions about it.
You class has watched a documentary about the advantages and disadvantages of space exploration. You have made the notes below about space exploration:
- It is a waste of money that could be spent on helping society
- We may discover raw materials.
- Habitable planets would provide new living space for a growing global population.
Some opinions expressed in the documentary:
- “There are many unemployed people that could benefit from financial help from the government.”
- “We should stop exploiting natural resources on earth and mine other planets.”
- “The world’s growing population and cities put a strain on the environment.”
Write an essay discussing TWO of the points given for space exploration in your notes. You should explain which reason is most important, giving reasons in support of your answer.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed in the documentary, but you should use your own words as far as possible. (around 220-260 words)
Also, please complete the reading part 7 exam task related to the loneliest man in the universe.