- Students began by ordering 8 birthday from most to least expensive. They then decided which they would like as presents, and then which they would give to their parents.
- We then completed a gap-fill exercise, in which two brothers are talking about the best present for their Dad. We then classified the phrases into the following categories: making, accepting and refusing a suggestion.
- Using this vocabulary we then looked at the writing exam task on page 45 and spoke about how to structure the answer.
Homework: Please complete the exam task on page 45
- Today we started a new topic: House and home.
- Students discussed in pairs where they live, and what they like and dislike about their homes, and city or village.
- We then looked at vocabulary on page 46 of the book. Students put the words in exercise 2 into 4 categories, depending on what they describe.
- They then completed exercise 5 using these words. We listened and checked the answers.
- We finished today with a vocabulary game.
Homework: Please complete the exam task on page 47.