Today we are focusing on travelling.
- Reorder 10 quotes from famous people about life and travelling. They will then choose 3 to discuss in pairs.
- Watch a short film in which the 10 quotes appear and discuss how the film was made, the countries visited and what the connection between the quotes and the film is. We will also discuss the meaning of the film and why Nike chose it as their advert.
- Finally the students will work in pairs to plan a 10 day holiday on a strict budget, practising language of negotiation.
Page 52 exercises 1-4
Today students will:
- Complete exercises 5 of page 52 in pairs.
- We will then look at the grammar of so/such and too/enough
- Complete a story using this grammar.
- Discuss in pairs various topics to orally practise the grammar.
Homework: Page 53 exam task and page 49 exam task (A or B)
Homework: Students will write a letter to a friend based on the holiday they planned:
You have received this email from your English-speaking friend, Jean.
I hear you went on holiday in the summer. I’d love to hear about it. What kind of holiday did you go on? Who did you go with? What did you see and do? Do tell me.
Write your email in 140-190 words in an appropriate style.