Today we will talk about family and look at useful expressions that are related to this topic.
- Learn new fixed phrases by asking and answering questions about family in small groups. To follow up, students will match the expressions and definitions to create a written record for future use.
- We will then discuss our family and our heritage, and what students know about their family tree.
- Students will watch a video about various citizens of the world taking a DNA test, and discuss the results of the tests.
- We will finish class with speaking exam practice.
Homework: Page 155 and 156-157
Today we will focus on bad habits, looking at vocabulary and watching a TED talk.
- Look at expressions related to bad habits and discuss their meanings.
- Watch a TED talk and orally complete comprehension questions in pairs.
- Students will look at difficult words and phrases and attempt to work out the meaning from the context.
- After checking the meanings of the words and phrases, students will use them to complete sentences and check understanding.
- We will then put these into oral practice with some discussion questions in pairs.
Homework: Page 143 question 4 and 158