Today in class we:
- Checked homework
- Started with the listening exam task on page 57
- Revised the relevant communicative language for part 3 of the exam by “speed discussing” various topics.
- We will then practise part 3 of the exam in pairs or small groups. While one group speaks, the other groups will mark them.
Today we concentrated on music! We:
- Discussed what music means to us and its importance.
- Completed the listening exercise on page 55.
- Looked at idioms related to music and matched them with their definition.
- Finally we moved practised questions from part 4 of the exam.
You see the following advertisement in a music magazine.
Ever fancied yourself as a music journalist? Now’s your chance.
We’re looking for enthusiastic music lovers to write a review of their favourite album of all time. We want to know why you love it and why you think everyone should listen to it. It doesn’t matter who the artist is or how old or new the music is.
Send in a review of your favourite album of all time giving reasons for your choice.
Write your review in 220-260 words in an appropriate style.