Today in class we are looking at part 2 of the speaking exam. This includes the language of comparison and speculation. Bring your tin hats because the theme is conspiracy theories!
For all of today’s material, you can download the powerpoint in PDF format here:
You class has watched a documentary about the need for nations to fund space exploration. You have made the notes below:
Advantages of spending public money on space exploration:
- Countries work together to further our understanding of the universe
- We may discover raw materials.
- Possible new living space for the world’s growing population.
Some opinions expressed in the documentary:
- It’s human nature to want to understand where we come from.
- We should stop exploiting natural resources on Earth.
- The world’s growing population needs more space to live.
Write an essay discussing TWO of the advantages given for space exploration in your notes You should explain which reason is most important, giving reasons in support of your answer.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed in the documentary, but you should use your own words as far as possible. (around 220-260 words)