We only have one class this week as Wednesday is a holiday; we will be focusing on speaking part 2 on page 59. The topic is all about extreme sports, so we are going to watch the trailer for Free Solo- a film about a rock climber who climbs without ropes- and discuss why people are attracted to danger. Then we have a Quizlet live to revise expressions for speaking part 2. After completing the exam questions on page 59 we will finish with a debate about whether extreme sports should be banned.
Your class has attended a panel discussion on the action governments can take to promote health and fitness among young people. You have made the notes below.
Action to promote health and fitness among young people
- improve teaching in schools.
- improves attitudes to competitiveness.
- improve the image of sports.
Some opinions expressed during the discussion
- ‘There need to be specialist sports teachers for children and students of all ages.’
- ‘Some young people are put off by the pressure to compete.’
- ‘A lot of young people don’t think it’s cool to take part in sports.’
Write an essay for your tutor, discussing two of the actions in your notes. You should explain which action you think is more important, giving reasons to support your opinion.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed during the discussion but you should use your own words as far as possible.
Write your essay in 260 words in an appropriate style.