Today we will learn all about sports. We will start with a video of strange sports across Europe: 5 Of The World’s Strangest Sports Explained
We will chat about the following questions:
- What is your favourite sport, and why do you like it?
- Do you play any sports regularly? If so, which ones? If not, would you like to try a new sport?
- Have you ever been to a live sports event? If yes, which one? If not, which sport would you like to watch live?
- Describe a memorable moment from a sports competition you watched or participated in.
- Are there any sports you find difficult to understand or play? Why?
- Who is your favourite athlete, and what do you admire about them?
Students will then invent their own weird and unique sport in small groups.
We will also play a sports trivia to finish class
To start off we will check the homework. We will then continue on the topic of sport. We will discuss what it means to be fit and healthy (some good and bad habits or actions to do or avoid) and then complete a speaking task on the topic:
Today we will also speak about thanksgiving and gratitude. We will watch two videos with facts about the history of the day and ways people celebrate currently.
We will then play a Kahoot to test our knowledge.